Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Grab Bar Installation - Gently Scoring Tile After Mark Up

The next step after marking up your tile using your grab bar as a template, is to score the tile gently by tapping gently on the center of your marks with a fine carbide punch. I use a high quality well balanced mallet to control the amount of force I apply. I am sure there are many other ways of approaching this but I am very particular about being precise and controlled when I install grab bars. It is just a habit that I have developed.

The gentle scoring of the tile prior to drilling is needed to prevent the glass and tile bit from skating about on the and the tile and damaging an area which will not be concealed by the grab bar flange. Every small step taken during the installation of grab bars may seem trivial or perhaps over emphasized but this all contributes to a quality grab bar installation.

Moen Grab Bars and Decorative Bath Accessories are always available and in stock at Mr. Grab Bar.  Mr. Grab Bar specializes in same day shipping of in stock product so you have product when you need it.

No comments: